Friday, November 19, 2010

Mel, the man knows trucks

        A salesman walked up to me at the car dealership.  After a quick greeting, I showed him my note pad.  I had GVWR 7300 circled and told him this was the most important thing I needed to know.  Does he know what it is? 
This hitch is welded to the frame
Um Um Um . . . Really, he had no idea, he seemed to be trying to guess. 
trailer indicator control







Little trailer light


Mel in Control












I went back to the trio left behind, and of the three, Mel spoke up.  He said, that's the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating!  Without hesitation!  Of course it is.  After all, if you're gonna sell trucks to pull big things, you ought to know about the most important part of the equipment! 

I did tell him that I was 4 years out - I'm not buying today.  He took me for a test drive anyway.  And he gave me all the time I needed.  And he answered tons of questions.  I looked all around, in and under a Tahoe and a Suburban.  The inside of these big, gigantic SUVs feels bigger than my kitchen. 

A garage to go!
         I need a GVWR of 7300 and the smaller Tahoe  starts at 8100, and the super-size Suburban tops at about 9600.  Which to that I say:  Can you ever have too much pull? 

No comments:

Post a Comment