Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Dream Begins


So . .  the dream begins. 

          After five years of subscribing to Airstream Life Magazine, I took a road trip to my future! At the end of last September I went to look at the Airstreams in person.  The closest dealer to me is about 200 miles away. That’s no problem because I enjoy driving, which of course I’ll need for the journey I’m planning.
      
         They had about 25 trailers on the lot and I looked at all of them. My aim was to keep it as small and lightweight as possible. The smallest they had was 19 feet. Oh my, way too small for full time living. It’s pretty much all one room with no transitional areas at all. The toilet is placed right under the shower. Not for me. I’d like at least the allusion of a small apartment. 

          So it was love at first sight with a 30 foot Flying Cloud. It has living room, dining room/kitchen and a separate bedroom.  And a real (small) bathroom. Also I am happy to note that the living room couch is longer than me!

          After a couple of weeks back in reality, driving around my town, negotiating turns, gas stations and supermarket parking lots, I think a 25 footer -also including a real (small) bath - will be easier to pull behind another 10 feet of truck.  
         
           Besides, thinking about steep grades in the rain in a heavy 30 foot trailer was keeping me up at night!  No sleep means no dreaming.

http://www.airstream.com/products/travel-trailers/flying-cloud.html
http://airstreamlife.com/

2 comments:

  1. And so, your blogging begins. Off to a great start little lady. Oh, and I've been peeing in the shower for years. It all goes to the same place. Mwa ha ha. The story will be cool as long as the price of a gallon of gas stays below $5 a gallon, since you'll only be getting about 4-5 miles of driving per gallon. If it goes up more than that, I hope you'll have some interesting neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were only happy because you saw one that fit your only need for the suvs that can hold all your living equiment and your stuff you bring with you in your airstream suv witch is a thirty footer cloud with your dream is to buy that car in five years and go all over the united states

    ReplyDelete