Thursday, March 3, 2011

Florida, The Sunshine State

Florida State Motto - "In God We Trust"


Florida became the twenty-seventh state in the United States on March 3, 1845.
Florida had not adopted an official state motto until June 22, 2006. Governor Jeb Bush signed a House Bill adopting
In God We Trust as the official state motto of Florida on July 1, 2006.





Before I leave for  parts unknown, there 2 places I have been before, that I must see again.   I’ll first start at the bottom to see the CATMAN!!  Every time I go to Key West, I  must see the Cats that jump through FIRE! Oh My!



On the way out, up and over to the west coast,  I’ll stop at the Edison & Ford Winter Estates in Fort Myers. 




Then on to Tallahassee, where I have never been, to see the old and new capitol buildings. 


The Historic Florida Capitol structure was built in 1895 

The New Capitol was finished in 1977.






No comments:

Post a Comment